Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ape King!

This here is a portion of a bigger piece just completed for the Toon Fetish gallery show going on in L.A. in June. The piece is being framed even as I write this and I only hope I'm able to get it down there in time. Fingers crossed it'll go over well. I'm in with a super talented group of artists so I'm more than a little nervous about the whole thing. So, the King kind of reminded me of someone although I didn't intentionally try to render a likeness...but I think his eyes and brow remind me of adult film star Damion Crosse! :) I confess I dig Damien's look although I have never seen one of his films...scout's honour!!

Also, check out this bit of awesomeness! Thanks to Jared for the terrific job and to Francois for linking me up with the link!
best,
j.

4 comments:

Greg McElhatton said...

You, sir, are the cutest thing ever. Don't change!

François said...

My ideal man!
(the Ape King, not Crosse)

j. said...

Greg - Aw, shucks! Thanks. I think you're swell, too.

Francois - I don't imagine that the fangs are part of the ideal, are they? :)

He's pretty much my ideal, too. Except for the fangs.

j.

François said...

Well, you've got to be realistic about your ideals.